Monday, June 30, 2008

Run Forest, Run

You did it Dad! Way to go! Ryan recently ran in the 2008 Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay from Logan to Park City with 11 other employees at the College that were crazy enough to say yes. As the race shirts said, 'run, drive, sleep?, repeat'. The race was completed in just over 24 hours, going through the night, into the next day.


Ryan running his last leg (from Jordanelle to Heber City).


Steph and Abbey came to the finish line to congratulate Ryan and give him a ride to Barry and Lorie's for a much needed shower (and short nap).


The entire team ran the last 100 yards with the final runner. Kylie decided she wanted to come along. She even got to receive Dad's completion medal.


The 'SLCC Runners' at the finish line. It was a lot of fun. Let's register for the 2009 race!

2 comments:

The Whipples said...

That's so awesome, congrats to him. My brother-in-law and cousin ran in it too and had a blast. Maybe I'll join in next year. Good to see that things are going well for you all.

Stephanie Evans said...

Hey Steph! Remember me? :) I finally started a blog and then remembered that you had one and I was able to track you down! We have finally moved to New York and are having a lot of fun before Trav starts dental school in Aug. I hope it's ok that I put your link on my blog. I hope we can keep in touch a little better this way. Oh and congrats to Ryan!! How in the world do you jog for 24hrs?? Thats incredible!!